The Capital City Farmers Market provides a limited number of vending spaces, free of charge, for non- profits, youth activities, educational outreach, political candidates, and a variety of civic organizations.
In order to make sure there is space for your group and that your activity isn’t a liability for the market, we have prepared the following guidelines:
- Non-profit spaces are filled on a first-come first-served basis. Reserve a space by emailing the market manager with some details about your organization, tabling event plan (educational, fundraising, community building, youth performance etc) & the date(s) you are requesting a reservation(s) for. The market manager can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Non-profits cannot sell any items that compete with market vendors such as drinks, food, and crafts.
- Products that can be sold for fundraising include such items as raffle tickets and services.
- Individual children ages 14 years and under are allowed to sell items that have been pre-approved by the market manager.
- Groups of children that want to raise money by holding a bake sale are not allowed in the non-profit space. These small groups are encouraged to check into a vending space next door at the flea market behind Christ Church.
- Non-profits will need to comply with the same safety regulations as market vendors:
Arrival and Set-Up:
- All non-profits, and groups tabling in the non-profit space must be set-up and ready no later than 9:00 a.m. and must stay the duration of the market.
- No cars are allowed on the lot, please load and unload from State Street.
- Please allow the full season vendors easy access to State Street — do not load or unload at the State Street entrance at the start or end of the market when the lot is busy with vendors setting up.
- This area of the market lot is on a slope- please bring extra shims to level your table.
- If you will be using a canopy or umbrella, it must be weighted and secured. You will not be able to set up canopies/tents/umbrellas without adequate weight to hold them down during winds, regardless of conditions at set-up.
If you have any further questions or wish to make a table reservation for your organization- please contact: email@example.com
we look forward to supporting your cause!