We are having a corn roast! September 1st we are celebrating the upcoming Fall and raising money for the Vermont Foodbank. Join us for fresh roasted sweet corn, live music by John and Marge Butterfield, face painting, raffles to support the Foodbank, and a veggie growing contest.
Farm to Family Coupons Accepted at the Capital City Farmers Market
Montpelier, VT – We are excited to announce that the Capital City Farmers Market located at 60 State Street, Montpelier is accepting Farm to Family coupons this summer. Just look for the produce vendors with the yellow and blue Farm to Family signs.
Farm to Family is a U.S. Department of Agriculture program that helps Vermonters afford healthy food while supporting our farm economy. People who qualify can get $30 worth of coupons they can use to buy locally grown produce — fresh fruits, fresh vegetables and fresh-cut herbs — at participating farmers markets.
You can use your coupons at our market every Saturday from 9:00 to 1:00.
- Be sure to use them before October 31.
- We are open rain or shine!
- Get here early. You’ll get the best selection early in the day.
- If you get 3SquaresVT, you can use your benefits at this market and take advantage of Crop Cash. For every 3SquaresVT dollar you spend, you’ll get an extra dollar to spend on fresh fruits, vegetables and herbs — up to $10 per day. Just look for the EBT/debit card table at the market.
If you don’t have coupons and think you may be eligible, apply soon! Coupons are issued on a first come, first served basis until they run out.
- If you’re enrolled in WIC, contact your local Department of Health office.
- If you don’t get WIC and your household income is at or below 185% of the federal poverty limit, contact your local Community Action Agency.
- If you are enrolled in the program you can pick up your coupons at the WIC table at our market on July 14th or August 11th.
To learn more about the program, go to http://dcf.vermont.gov/benefits/f2f.
The Capital City Farmers Market is a finalist for this year’s Seven Daysies award for best farmers market in the state! Please vote for us before June 25th to get us to the top.
Find us in the Food category #146! Follow the link below. We are so excited to be listed with the best!
The Capital City Farmers Market is seeking additional vendors for the 2018 outdoor season. The market has served both residents and visitors to downtown Montpelier for over 40 years. CCFM is a producer-only market that runs each Saturday from 9:00 to 1:00, rain or shine. Featuring 50 vendors each week that sell local meat and produce, prepared foods, agricultural products, and crafts.
We are looking for additional vendors that offer unique products to grow what the market offers to the community. Special consideration will be given to value added agricultural products. Spaces are available for full time, part time, and substitute vendors.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Capital City Farmers Market was just named Best Vermont Farmers Market of 2018 in Yankee Magazine’s Travel New England issue. Come see what makes our market so great every Saturday from 9:00 to 1:00, May – October.
The 2018 outdoor season opens May 5th as part of Montpelier’s Mayfest activities. Enjoy shopping from 50 local farmers and producers, and pick up Green Up Day bags at the market. Mayfest activities are taking place all weekend in Montpelier.
Our music series starts on May 19th. Listen to market favorites and some new acts all Summer long. Stay tuned to our website for our music schedule.
The market is held every Saturday at 60 State Street, rain or shine. Our products are always changing so visit often and enjoy the finest local food and crafts in Vermont!