We are having a corn roast! September 1st we are celebrating the upcoming Fall and raising money for the Vermont Foodbank. Join us for fresh roasted sweet corn, live music by John and Marge Butterfield, face painting, raffles to support the Foodbank, and a veggie growing contest.
Our annual youth vendor day returns on August 4th! Kids (ages 6-18) will be selling products that they have grown, cooked, or crafted. We will also have kids activities and live music. Interested in vending? Submit the simple application and bring your produce, prepared food, or crafts to the market August 4th and sell alongside our farmers.
Farm to Family Coupons Accepted at the Capital City Farmers Market
Montpelier, VT – We are excited to announce that the Capital City Farmers Market located at 60 State Street, Montpelier is accepting Farm to Family coupons this summer. Just look for the produce vendors with the yellow and blue Farm to Family signs.
Farm to Family is a U.S. Department of Agriculture program that helps Vermonters afford healthy food while supporting our farm economy. People who qualify can get $30 worth of coupons they can use to buy locally grown produce — fresh fruits, fresh vegetables and fresh-cut herbs — at participating farmers markets.
You can use your coupons at our market every Saturday from 9:00 to 1:00.
- Be sure to use them before October 31.
- We are open rain or shine!
- Get here early. You’ll get the best selection early in the day.
- If you get 3SquaresVT, you can use your benefits at this market and take advantage of Crop Cash. For every 3SquaresVT dollar you spend, you’ll get an extra dollar to spend on fresh fruits, vegetables and herbs — up to $10 per day. Just look for the EBT/debit card table at the market.
If you don’t have coupons and think you may be eligible, apply soon! Coupons are issued on a first come, first served basis until they run out.
- If you’re enrolled in WIC, contact your local Department of Health office.
- If you don’t get WIC and your household income is at or below 185% of the federal poverty limit, contact your local Community Action Agency.
- If you are enrolled in the program you can pick up your coupons at the WIC table at our market on July 14th or August 11th.
To learn more about the program, go to http://dcf.vermont.gov/benefits/f2f.
The Capital City Farmers Market is a finalist for this year’s Seven Daysies award for best farmers market in the state! Please vote for us before June 25th to get us to the top.
Find us in the Food category #146! Follow the link below. We are so excited to be listed with the best!
June brings a bounty of fresh produce to the market. This week features the first harvest of strawberries straight from Dog River Farm. Cherry tomatoes and a variety of heirloom tomatoes are available now as well. Asparagus, rhubarb, and other spring crops are still available as well. Visit the market all summer to find freshly harvested greens, baby radishes, root crops, herbs, wild and grown mushrooms, microgreens, and much more. You have to visit the market to see all of the local produce we offer every week. It doesn’t get any fresher than this!