Farm to Family Coupons Accepted at the Capital City Farmers Market
Montpelier, VT – We are excited to announce that the Capital City Farmers Market located at 60 State Street, Montpelier is accepting Farm to Family coupons this summer. Just look for the produce vendors with the yellow and blue Farm to Family signs.
Farm to Family is a U.S. Department of Agriculture program that helps Vermonters afford healthy food while supporting our farm economy. People who qualify can get $30 worth of coupons they can use to buy locally grown produce — fresh fruits, fresh vegetables and fresh-cut herbs — at participating farmers markets.
You can use your coupons at our market every Saturday from 9:00 to 1:00.
- Be sure to use them before October 31.
- We are open rain or shine!
- Get here early. You’ll get the best selection early in the day.
- If you get 3SquaresVT, you can use your benefits at this market and take advantage of Crop Cash. For every 3SquaresVT dollar you spend, you’ll get an extra dollar to spend on fresh fruits, vegetables and herbs — up to $10 per day. Just look for the EBT/debit card table at the market.
If you don’t have coupons and think you may be eligible, apply soon! Coupons are issued on a first come, first served basis until they run out.
- If you’re enrolled in WIC, contact your local Department of Health office.
- If you don’t get WIC and your household income is at or below 185% of the federal poverty limit, contact your local Community Action Agency.
- If you are enrolled in the program you can pick up your coupons at the WIC table at our market on July 14th or August 11th.
To learn more about the program, go to http://dcf.vermont.gov/benefits/f2f.